The Association of South Central Oklahoma Governments (ASCOG) Area Agency on Aging (AAA) is hosting several public forum in the following locations Lawton, OK, Walters, OK, Anadarko, OK, and Chickasha, OK to consider the needs of older Oklahomans. This forum will be hosted at the following dates and locations and the centers are ADA accessible.
- November 15th, 2016- Lawton North Nutrition Center, 1705 NW 20th Street, Lawton, OK 73505 10:30 AM
- December 1st, 2016- (Public Hearing) Red River Technology Center Business, Duncan, OK 73533 9:00 AM
- December 20th, 2016- Walters Nutrition Center, 500 East California Street, Walters, OK 73572 10:30 AM
- January 12th, 2017- Chickasha Nutrition Center, 203 Nth 18th Street, Chickasha, OK 73018 10:30 AM
- February 7th 2017- Anadarko Nutrition Center, 417 W Main Street, Anadarko, OK 73005 10:30 AM
The public forum is part of a four-year planning process which will determine how ASCOG distributes and administers over $2 million annually in federal, state and local funds for aging services across eight counties. Agencies and advocates who assist older persons in the eight-county, ASCOG planning and services area are encouraged to attend and participate in the public forum.
ASCOG currently funds ten projects including the Legal Aid project, the Center for Creative Living Education and Training project, the Cyril Nutrition Project, the Delta Nutrition Project, the Temple Nutrition Project, MaddieLuke Supportive Services and the coordination of services programs at the Grandfield, Minco, Tipton and Tuttle Senior Centers.
Older Americans Act funding for ASCOG is provided through DHS Aging Services. ASCOG makes no distinction on the grounds of race, color, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, religion or disability.
For additional information, to request an accommodation or to see a draft of the ASCOG Area Plan Summary, contact Ken Jones at 580.736.7972 or firstname.lastname@example.org.