The Association of South Central Oklahoma Governments (ASCOG) Area Agency on Aging (AAA) will be hosting public forums in Caddo, Comanche, Jefferson, McClain and Tillman Counties to consider the needs of older Oklahomans. These forums will be hosted at the following sites and on these specific dates and times:
- Tuesday, February 2nd, at 10:45a.m. at the Cache Nutrition Center, 416 W. “C” Ave., Cache, OK 73527
- Wednesday, February 3rd, at 10:15a.m. at the Geronimo Nutrition Center, 101 Main St., Geronimo, OK 73543
- Monday, February 8th, at 10:45a.m. at the Ryan Nutrition Center, 400 Taylor, Ryan, OK 73565-9605
- Wednesday, February 10th, at 10:45a.m. at the Frederick Nutrition Center, 102 E. Grand(Grand Hotel), Frederick, OK 73542
- Thursday, February 11th, at 10:45a.m. at the Anadarko Nutrition Center, 417 W. Main St., Anadarko, OK 73005-2436
- Tuesday, February 16th, at 10:45a.m. at the Wayne Nutrition Center, 227 Shannon, Wayne, OK 73093-0624
All of these Nutrition Centers are ADA accessible.
The public forum is part of a four-year planning process which will determine how ASCOG distributes and administers over $2 million annually in federal, state and local funds for aging services across eight counties. Agencies and advocates who assist older persons in the eight-county, ASCOG planning and services area are encouraged to attend and participate in the public forum.
ASCOG currently funds ten projects including the Legal Aid project, the Center for Creative Living Education and Training project, the Cyril Nutrition Project, the Delta Nutrition Project, the Temple Nutrition Project, MaddieLuke Supportive Services and the coordination of services programs at the Grandfield, Minco, Tipton and Tuttle Senior Centers.
Older Americans Act funding for ASCOG is provided through DHS Aging Services. ASCOG makes no distinction on the grounds of race, color, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, religion or disability.
For additional information, to request an accommodation or to see a draft of the ASCOG Area Plan Summary, contact Cathy Crockett at 580.736.7978 or firstname.lastname@example.org